May 11, 2010

a Kelsey-sized hole in my heart

I've been trying to write this post for more than 4 weeks now. It's something I need to do because somehow life goes on here at the Lubenow house and I have other things to share. I just couldn't move on with this blog until I wrote about Kelsey.

On April 8 we found out that Kelsey's little heart was no longer beating, that she had left us sometime that morning. I was just one day short of 37 weeks pregnant. She was born later that night after a whirlwind day full of emotion. We got to spend a few hours with her and she was an absolutely beautiful baby. Her face looked so much like Ian and Molly but she had a head full of dark Lubenow hair.

We had a beautiful graveside service on April 14 with family and close friends.

I need to take this opportunity to tell about Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep. NILMDTS is an amazing organization of volunteer photographers that join families in their darkest hour to help preserve the very precious memories that families have of their sweet babies. The photographer who joined us, Ryan Estes, was absolutely amazing. We received the photographs of Kelsey on a CD the first weekend in May and they are just perfect.

Nearly 5 weeks have gone by since we lost our little girl. I have a hole in my heart that will be here forever.
Kelsey Anne Lubenow
April 8, 2010

2 comments:

Mrs. Schaeffer said...

There's nothing I can say right now to express how I feel. I just wanted to leave a note to let you know you're family is in my heart.

Lebanites said...

I have been meaning to send a card for weeks but fear saying or not saying the right words. All I can say now is that we love you and your family. You have been in our prayers for weeks. What a blessing to be able to document in pictures your sweet daughter.